Sunday, October 10, 2010

4 Weeks Ago, You Came Home



It's hard to believe how fast this last month has gone by. Two days ago you turned one month old, and came home with us two days later. In the last month, you've been visited by two sets of grandparents, one great grandma, one uncle, one aunt, and three cousins. Plus we've had countless friends over to gush over you. No matter who holds you they all say how gorgeous you are, how much you look like either me or your mom (depending on who's doing the looking), and I just found out a faction of our friends think you look like your grandma Mimi. I think you look like my dad, your a little on the small side currently, but you have his eyes, his barrel chest, and you're quite the ladies man (just like he was). This weekend is your cousin's second birthday, and your mom took you down to the coast for his party. Its the first time that I've been separate from you since you were born. I didn't realize how much I'd miss you, but you're always on my mind. I think about how much you've grown already, and how much I've missed since you left. You change that fast son, you started cooing big time this weekend your mom told me. This whole month I've been thinking about one thing: family. Without delving into too much psychological setup on your dad, lets just say that I didn't grow up respecting the traditional family. I never really understood Pagra's intent on being together every holiday, or when Mimi would want me home for dinner at night, or when your grandpa Van would call me repeatedly to make sure I was gonna make our tee time for golf. They missed me, like I miss you, it's horrible son, being away from you. I haven't missed anyone like this, ever, even your mom (I miss her like a crazy person too though). It feels like a part of me is missing son, I miss changing your diapers, burping you, putting you to sleep, and even your cries son. I know when you read this years from now, you'll be thinking that this is just another example of me trying to embarrass you, or be involved in your life too much, but remember, you're a part of me, and I'll never be able to ignore how much I love you. No far reaching message here Sam, no advice in this blog, just a father missing his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment